Waterjet cutting inspires creativity and enables intricacy — anywhere.
You have an idea. You can see it in your mind. And we can help you create it. Our OMAX Precision Abrasive Waterjet can cut through almost any material you can think of, creating a custom design for your project.
Waterjet cutting allows for more precise, intricate details and can be used on almost any material.
Why use waterjet cutting?
Efficiently unleash cross-media information without cross-media value. Quickly maximize timely deliverables for real-time schemas. Dramatically maintain clicks-and mortar functional solutions.
- Cutting tolerances as close as +/-.003", depending on material and thickness
- High positional accuracies of +/-.001"
- Specialized tiling head allows material up to 4" thick to be cut without any taper
- Large cutting area, 13'4" x 6'8"
- Maximum material yield with tight nesting and small kerf (width of cut)
- No heat affected zones (HAZ), which means no hardened edges
- No heat is applied, so there are no changes to the properties of the material, which is especially important when working with tool steel, stainless steel or aerospace metals
- Can cut laminated and coated materials (powder, PVD, UV, ceramic, plastic, chromed, anodized) regardless of thickness
- Can cut material with a low melting point since no heat is applied
- No distortion or warping of materials
- Lower costs-more parts from less material
- Lower overall machine costs by waterjet cutting parts first, significantly reducing final finish machining costs
- Good machined edge finish is available, which means no burns or slag, eliminating the need for secondary finishing
- Thin gauge material, especially polycarbonates, can be stacked for multiple part generation from one cut
- Fast turnaround and lower costs on prototypes, which helps with the lead times and costs of creating custom dies or fixtures
- Alloys of all types
- Carbon fiber-reinforced plastics
- Carbon steel
- Glass-reinforced plastics
- Hardened steel plates
- Hardened tool steel
- Other reinforced plastics
- Stainless steel